Lifelong Vision Foundation administers clinical trials at Pepose Vision Institute in partnership with the PVI physicians. These studies play a leading role in the advancement of vision care.
If you think you or a family member might be a candidate for any of the following studies, please call our Research Department at 636.534.5131.
Benefits of Participating in a Study:
These studies offer a great opportunity for our patients to receive the most advanced vision treatment possible, generally years before the general public, often at a discounted price and/or with other benefits. Some studies provide patient compensation.
Current Clinical Studies:
Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Alcon Restor +8 study of bifocal lens for moderate stage dry AMD
- Telescope Implant Study: Post market study for Miniature Telescopic Implant in patients with bilateral severe to profound central vision Impairment due to End Stage AMD
- TOGA Study – Evaluating ORACEA in Subjects with Geographic Atrophy Secondary to Dry Age-Related Macular degeneration – to see if the drug can slow the progression of geographic atrophy, which is the most advanced form of dry AMD
- AMO Tecnis Multifocal Low ADD Intraocular Lens (IOL) for removal of cataract
- Clarity Medical Systems HOLOS IntraOp™ study to confirm the usability of HOLOS IntraOp™ wavefront technology
in cataract surgery, enabling the surgeon to optimize the IOL position within the eye with a continuous stream of data.
- Bausch & Lomb Coordinating Site for Grant from Bausch & Lomb to conduct a multi-site Study of Zirgan for Treatment of Adenovirus Conjunctivitis (pink eye) (10 US and 2 International Sites)
- DRCR Network- Protocol V- Treatment for central-involved Diabetic Macular Edema in eyes with very good visual acuity.
- Allergan Dry Eye Study for MGD (Meibomian Gland Dysfunction)
- Focus Laboratories Dry Eye Study to evaluate the osmolarity of tear film with Fresh Kote vs. Systane drops
- Odyssey Medical: The Influence of Punctal Occlusion on Osmolarity in Dry Eye Subjects
- Allergan Evaluation of Bimatoprost 0.01% and Bimatoprost 0.03% in Patients with Glaucoma or Ocular Hypertension
- Ivantis Glaucoma Implant Study
- AMO iDesign Hyperopic Study to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of iDesign LASIK for Hyperopia
- Avedro Corneal Cross-linking Study (Keratoconus) KXL system with VibX for corneal Collagen cross-linking in eyes with Keratoconus or Corneal Ectasia
- Alcon ECC Extended Safety Study on Phakic Implant Intraocular Lens for High Myopia-7 year follow up, making it total of 10 years since the date of implants
- AMO iDesign LASIK Study to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of iDesign LASIK for Myopia
Presbyopia- Restoration of Reading Vision
- Acufocus Corneal Inlay for treatment of presbyopia (Restoration of Reading Vision Study)
Upcoming Clinical Studies:
Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Genentech Retina Study
- KYPHA Group Study II for AMD
- Opthotech Retina Study
- Regeneron Retina Study
- KYPHA Group Study I for Dry Eye
If you are interested in cataract surgery, LASIK surgery, have dry eyes, retina disease, or any other vision issue, call 636.534.5131 to see if you qualify for one of our studies.
Lifelong Vision Foundation is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) whose mission is to improve and preserve vision for people in our community, nationally, and internationally. Committed to curing blindness through clinical trials and independent research, to caring for under-resourced individuals in our community by providing eye exams, glasses, and surgeries, to conveying cutting edge vision technologies to students and the general public, Lifelong Vision Foundation provides people with the chance and the tools to see more clearly. Clear vision, in turn, helps individuals academically, socially, and economically. For more information about Lifelong Vision Foundation, please visit our website at lifelongvisionfoundation.org.